Accessing Your Child's State Testing Score Reports
As part of its commitment to build a quality education system in the fast changing world of technology, California is moving its California Assessment of Student Performance and Progress (CAASPP) and the English Language Proficiency Assessments for California (ELPAC) Student Score Reports to an electronic format that will be delivered online. The electronic Student Score Reports also will be enhanced, offering a more dynamic way of providing information about how students are progressing in their education.
Information on Accessing Student Score ReportsCAASPP and ELPAC Student Score Reports can now be accessed electronically via the SBSD Parent Portal. The SBSD Parent Portal is available at: https://sis.sbsd.k12.ca.us/parent/. More information and directions for accessing the SBSD Parent Portal are available here: https://www.sbsd.k12.ca.us/parentportal.
To access Student Score Reports:
- Log into the SBSD Parent Portal https://sis.sbsd.k12.ca.us/parent/
- From the Test Scores tab select State Electronic Test Scores Reports
- On the State Electronic Test Scores Reports page, under the CAASPP and/or ELPAC header, you will be presented:
Frequently Asked Questions Regarding Electronic Student Score Reports
What if I don’t have access to a desktop computer?You can view your student’s score report through the parent portal on any device connected to the internet, such as a computer, tablet, or smart phone. Log into the parent portal https://sis.sbsd.k12.ca.us/parent/ on your device to view the report.We want to make sure that you can see your child’s Student Score Report so computer stations are available at each school, where you can log on to view and print during school hours. Staff will be available to help you.We understand that not everybody has access to a computer or is able to come to school during school hours to view the Student Score Report. If the school has closed for the summer and/or you have not been able to view the report online by July 31, 2018, please notify us, and we will print a copy and send it home.
Is my child’s information secure if it’s online?Yes, the Student Score Reports are secure because they can be accessed only through parent portal, which requires a username and password to access.
Will I get scores faster?Yes, you will be able to view your child’s score report online earlier than in the past. In the past, Student Score Reports had to be printed and mailed, which caused a delay. This year, you can view the report online as soon as it is available.
Can I still get a paper copy?Student Score Reports dating back three years will be available in the parent portal, so you can always go back and print them. If you need help acquiring a printed copy, please contact your child's school or the Solana Beach School District Instructional Services Department
Is the electronic score report accessible to parents with disabilities?Yes. All Student Score Reports are screen readable and provide adequate color contrast.
Will the report be available in my home language?The electronic Student Score Reports are available in Spanish and Mandarin Chinese, in addition to English, for families who've designated one of those languages as their preferred Correspondence Language.
Where can I find more information to help me understand my child’s Student Score Report?You can find information to help you understand your child’s score report at the Starting Smarter CAASPP website (https://ca.startingsmarter.org) and Starting Smarter ELPAC website (https://elpac.startingsmarter.org), where you also can find sample test questions and free resources to help support your child’s learning.
Whom should I contact if I have questions about my child’s score report?If you have questions regarding your child’s Student Score Report, please contact the Solana Beach School District Instructional Services Department at (858) 794-7138.
Having trouble viewing State Testing Score Reports?
- Students’ scores are released by the state testing contractor on a rolling basis. If you are presented with a message stating: “Student does not have any test data,” or if you see a button to access 2018 scores but not 2019, this means your student’s 2019 score reports are not yet available. Please check back periodically.
- Please use either Firefox or Chrome as you may experience challenges with the Safari browser.
- You may need to disable the pop-up blocker. By default, Google Chrome blocks pop-ups from automatically showing up on your screen. When a pop-up is blocked, the address bar will be marked Pop-up blocked . Click on the icon to allow pop-ups from the site.
- Try clearing your browser's cache and browser history.
- If you are unable to see your child’s scores by Wednesday, July 31, please contact the Solana Beach School District Instructional Services Department at (858) 794-7138.