Global Education update about Fall 2020:
Global Education Pre-Registration Update
The pre-registration deadline to apply for Global Education has been extended to Monday, March 30, 2020 by 4:00 pm. The pre-registration form is available online on the Global Education webpage. The completed pre-registration form should be scanned/photo taken and forwarded to firstname.lastname@example.org. The observation requirement has been waived due to the school closure. If you have any questions about the application process please contact Estela Leidy at email@example.com.
Actualización de Preinscripción de Educación Global
La fecha límite de pre-inscripción para solicitar Global Education se ha ampliado hasta el lunes 30 de marzo de 2020 a las 4:00 pm. El formulario de preinscripción está disponible en línea en la página web de Global Education. El formulario de preinscripcion completado debe ser escabeado/foto tomado y enviado a firstname.lastname@example.org. El requisito de observación ha sido renunciado debido al cierre de la escuela. Si tiene alguna pregunta sobre el proceso de solicitud, póngase en contacto con Estela Leidy en email@example.com.
We believe that...
- Learning is developmental. Therefore, students should receive instruction within their zone of proximal development (regardless of grade level).
- Learning should be collaborative
- Assessment should be authentic
- Learning should be child-centered
- Students should be able to work independently and cooperatively
- We are all (teachers, students and parents) responsible for working together to build a true sense of community
- There should be cross-age learning in multi-age environments
- Students work best in a non-graded and ungraded environment
- Learning should involve hands-on, project-based, integrated and thematic learning
- Students are most successful when there is parent involvement
- Teachers should use a variety of resources
- The learning community should value: problem-solving, creativity, reflection, risk-taking and student voice & choice
- Students should view themselves as active members of the global community.
- An emphasis on empathy and perspective-taking is an essential component of a child’s learning.
“Our highest endeavor must be to develop free human beings, who are able out of their own initiative to impart purpose and direction to their lives.”