The Solana Beach School District, nestled on the north coast of San Diego County, serves approximately 3,100 students. Instruction is rich, varied, and innovative. Our emphasis is on core standards instruction, provided through a continuous progressive curriculum. State assessments provide evidence that student needs are being met. District schools consistently rank at or near the top in district, county, and state accountability measures. Our students and schools have received numerous awards and have been recognized at county, state, and national levels for a variety of accomplishments.
The District has seven elementary schools and a Child Development Center:
The District believes that education is a cooperative effort of family, school, and community, and that all children deserve the opportunity for success in school. Solana Beach School District consistently seeks community input and support to create an open environment which encourages excellence and achievement. Students participate in active, hands-on learning activities and are challenged to use higher order thinking skills. Teachers tailor instructional activities to capitalize on children's strengths and systems are designed to provide specialized intervention support.
- Solana Vista (grades K-3)
- Skyline (grades 4-6 and the K-6 Global Education Program)
- Solana Santa Fe (grades K-6)
- Solana Highlands (grades K-3)
- Carmel Creek (grades K-3)
- Solana Pacific (grades 4-6)
- Solana Ranch (grades K-6)
- Child Development Center (toddler, preschool, before and after school support and services)