Intradistrict Open Enrollment Request Information
Intradistrict: Transferring From One SBSD School to Another SBSD School
The intradistrict open enrollment request process provides Solana Beach School District students the opportunity to request a school other than their school of residence. The parents/guardians of each school-age child who is a resident of the Solana Beach School District may apply to transfer their child to any district school, regardless of the location of their residence within the district (Ed Code 35160.5). Continuing students who have been approved for an intradistrict open enrollment request are not required to reapply annually unless the family has moved within the district or outside the district (which requires an interdistrict transfer request).
Intradistrict Open Enrollment Requests for the 2023-2024 school year (Completed online)
- The intradistrict open enrollment request application window for the 2023-24 school year is February 1 through February 17, 2023.
- The intradistrict open enrollment request application window is now closed.
- The deadline for 2023-24 intradistrict open enrollment request applications is February 17, 2023.
- We will notify all families who submitted an Open Enrollment Intradistrict Transfer request of the status of their request in mid to late April 2023
Intradistrict Open Enrollment Timeline Process & General Information (BP 5116.1)
- Requests will not be approved if received after February 17, 2023.
- If there are more requests for a particular school, including a specific grade level, than there are spaces available, a random drawing shall be held from the applicant pool.
- Approvals/denials are made in accordance with board policy, and not by school sites.
- Parents/guardians will receive written notification by US mail as to whether their request has been approved or denied mid to late April 2023. If the request is denied, the reasons for denial will be stated.
- If the intradistrict open enrollment request is approved, parents/guardians must confirm enrollment within ten (10) school days of the date of approval notification. Offers will be rescinded on the 11th school day.
- Transportation is not provided for any students approved for an intradistrict open enrollment transfer.
School Transfer Request Form (outside of Intradistrict Open Enrollment Timeline: first 3 full weeks in February)
- Students may request placement at another Solana Beach School District school outside of the approved intradistrict open enrollment timeline for extraordinary circumstances.
- If approved, an intradistrict open enrollment request must be submitted for the student to remain at the school of transfer during the next intradistrict open enrollment application submission timeline.
- If requesting placement due to a recent move, you must also bring current proof to your school that you have changed residences.
- The Coordinator of Student Services, in conjunction with school administration, shall consider the needs and preferences of students and parents/guardians before making an assignment, but is not obligated to accept the parent/guardian's preference if the assignment is not feasible due to space constraints or other considerations.
- Transportation is not provided for any students approved for a school transfer request.
- If you need to apply for a school transfer, please print and complete the form below and email the form to email@example.com.
- School Transfer Request Form