About the Department
Solana Beach School District takes great pride in its school facilities, some of which have been around since the 1930s, and is committed to keeping all facilities clean and modern. Solana Beach School District, established in the 30s, built its first facility on the Central School site consisting of a one-room schoolhouse on approximately 5 acres. Central School is now home to the District Office and Child Development Center on North Rios in Old Solana Beach.
Solana Beach School District has established a baseline of furniture and equipment that will be provided for each classroom and school facility. The District has established standards such as high-quality flooring, tackable wall surfaces, built in teaching walls and whiteboards, as well as an electrical and network infrastructure that will carry us into the future. The District has and will continue to design and build schools with stimulating environments, where students find success, reinforcement, and encouragement while learning.
- Carmel Creek, located in Carmel Valley, was constructed in two phases (1994 and 1998). Carmel Creek has 34 classrooms on a district-owned 3-acre site.*
- Skyline School, located on Lomas Santa Fe Drive in Solana Beach, was constructed in phases between 1955 and 1961 and was modernized in 2000. Skyline School has 31 classrooms on an approximately 10-acre campus.
- Solana Highlands, located in Carmel Valley, was constructed in two phases (1986 and 1999). Solana Highlands now has 34 classrooms on a district-owned 3-acre site.*
* Carmel Valley schools (Solana Highlands and Carmel Creek) participate in a Joint-Use Agreement with the City of San Diego Parks and Recreation Department. The playing fields at each site are shared-use with the school and community park.
- Solana Pacific, located in Carmel Valley, was constructed in 2004. Solana Pacific has 32 classrooms on a 9.6-acre site.
- Solana Santa Fe, located in Fairbanks Ranch, was constructed in 1993. Solana Santa Fe has 26 classrooms on a 5-acre campus.
- Solana Vista, located east of Interstate 5 in Solana Beach, was built in 1971 and modernized in 2000. Solana Vista has 31 classrooms on a 10-acre site.
- Solana Ranch, located east of Interstate 5 in the community of Pacific Highlands Ranch, was constructed in 2014. Solana Ranch has 34 classrooms on a 11.3-acre campus.
- School #8 - As part of the Pacific Highlands Ranch master-planned community, a ten-acre parcel, east of Golden Cypress Place, is available for purchase by the District for an optional school #8.