Mrs. Offerman and Mrs. Tajalle want to welcome you to our 2017-2018 School Year!We want to welcome you to Solana Santa Fe. It will be an exciting year making new friends and developing social and academic skills. The kindergarten children will be participating in exciting events throughout the year and creating fun memories that will last a lifetime!Kindergarten Suggested Supply List 2017-2018
Thank you for sending the following items in a large bag with your child's name on it. Since many items are for whole class use, each item should not be labeled with your child's name. We will be beginning to collect donations at our Meet the Teacher event.
GENERAL CLASSROOM SUPPLIES: (each child supplies)
* One standard sized pencil box (8" L x 2"D) plastic preferred
* One package of glue sticks
* One black Sharpie (permanent) fine point* One pack of thick colored markers (unscented)* One pack of thin colored markers (unscented)* One thin black white board marker to write on our white boardsMemory Book Specific Supplies:(Each child supplies)
* One 2" Clear-View White 3 Ring Binder
* One pack of 50 Plastic Page Protectors (Medium/heavy weight, please)
* Scrap book stickers (seasonal) for memory books - Please do not send "reward" stickers with words such as Good Job or Excellent. Michaels has the best selection
*If your child is a boy:
*1 box zipper slide quart-sized baggies
*1 two-pocket folder
* Headphones for iPad (no ear buds)* 1 package of colored pencils
*1 box/barrel of animal crackers, Cheez-Its, Cheese Crackers or other
healthy snack*If your child is a girl:
*1 two-pocket folder* Headphones for iPad (no ear buds)* 2 packs of plain white medium sized paper gift bags with handles (found at Michaels)*1 case of mini bottles of water*1 box/barrel of goldfish, fruit snacks, pretzels, etc.It is helpful for your child to have a change of clothes left at school in case their clothing gets soiled: please prepare these items in a Zip-loc baggie (with child's name: one pair of shorts/pants, underwear, socks and a hat)
Children should bring a mid-sized backpack to school each day. Since backpacks are kept on a rack, oversized and wheeled packs are very difficult for children to manage on their own and should be avoided. We expect students to be able to lift their own backpack. We encourage children to bring in their own water bottle to keep in their cubby.
"Your child is provided a free public school education, therefore all materials and supplies for your child's learning in the classroom are supplied by the school district. We understand that parents often want to supplement these materials and can choose so from the list above."