2019 – 2020 Traffic and Safety Procedures
Before School Drop Off
- Skyline provides morning supervision on the playground from 8:35 a.m. to 8:50 a.m. The first bell rings at 8:50 a.m. and the tardy bell rings at 8:55 a.m. Students may use the front gates next to the office to enter campus. The Dell Street entrance should be used by students who walk to school. We encourage all families to use the front of school to drop off your child.
- For the safety of our students and families, there will only be one crosswalk available in the morning. The crosswalk closer to the main office will be available for families to use in the morning. Please DO NOT use the crosswalk on the east side near the theatre as it causes traffic congestion.
- If parents wish to come on to the campus at any time, they must come to the front office, sign in, and get a visitor badge before going out on campus. Kindergarten parents will be issued a visitor badge to drop off their children before school. Adults may not enter the campus through the Dell Street gate before or after school.
- Students who ride a bike, skateboard, scooter, etc. are required by California Law to wear a helmet and must dismount and WALK it while on campus. Campus starts at the gates on Lomas Santa Fe at the beginning of the parking lot.
- Vehicle Drop Off Safety Procedures - Before dropping off your child in the drop off lane, please pull ALL THE WAY forward past the office before allowing students to exit the vehicle to allow all cars on campus from Lomas Santa Fe. You may need to stay in your car for a few seconds to ensure all cars have pulled forward. Once students are out of the car, parents may pull into the second lane to exit the campus. Students may not exit cars from the second drive through lane. Students should be ready to exit their car promptly to help facilitate all students getting to school in a timely manner. If your child is not ready to get out of the car, please park in a parking stall.
After School Pick Up
- Parents who walk or ride a bike to pick up their child(ren) will need to wait by the flagpole in front of the school to the EAST of the main gate. We ask our parents to leave space under the overhang so students may exit the gate and promptly walk to the designated pick up area along the south facing wall to the west of the main office. This will alleviate congestion when the entire school exits through the front gates.
- For the safety of our students and families, there will only be ONE crosswalk available during after school pick up. The crosswalk by the theatre entrance will be designated for all pedestrian traffic to cross in the afternoon. Please DO NOT use the crosswalk near the front office as this will cause traffic congestion.
- Students who walk or ride home may not use cell phones until they have left the school grounds and can safely access their devices. All bikes, scooters, etc. MUST BE WALKED while on campus. Campus is defined by the gates on Lomas Santa Fe. For the Lomas Santa Fe and Glencrest students exiting the west side of campus, you may ride your bike, scooter, etc. once you have crossed the street.
- For vehicle pick up, a teacher at the entrance of the school will ask the driver the last name of the child(ren) being picked up. That teacher will radio the supervisor of the waiting students to ensure your child is ready for pick up.
- Students will ONLY enter cars beginning at the fenced in patio area to the west of the main office after the cones.
- The pick up lane is the lane closest to the school. The second lane is a drive through lane. Students WILL NOT be able to enter vehicles driving in the drive through lane. Once your child is safely in the car, you may pull into the second lane and exit the campus.