At Solana Pacific we want to inspire greatness in all of our students and we want each and every one of our students to become leaders. To do this, we use The Leader in Me, program based on the 7 Habits of Highly Effective People:
- Habit 1 — Be Proactive - You're in Charge - I am a responsible person. I take initiative. I choose my actions, attitudes, and moods. I do not blame others for my wrong actions. I do the right thing without being asked, even when no one is looking.
- Habit 2 — Begin with the End in Mind - Have a Plan - I plan ahead and set goals. I do things that have meaning and make a difference. I am an important part of my classroom and contribute to my school’s mission and vision. I look for ways to be a good citizen.
- Habit 3 — Put First Things First - Work First, Then Play - I spend my time on things that are most important. This means I say no to things I know I should not do. I set priorities, make a schedule, and follow my plan. I am disciplined and organized.
- Habit 4 — Think Win-Win - Everyone Can Win - I balance courage for getting what I want with consideration for what others want. I make deposits in others’ Emotional Bank Accounts. When conflicts arise, I look for third alternatives.
- Habit 5 — Seek First to Understand, Then to Be Understood - Listen Before You Talk - I listen to other people’s ideas and feelings. I try to see things from their viewpoints. I listen to others without interrupting. I am confident in voicing my ideas. I look people in the eyes when talking.
- Habit 6 — Synergize - Together Is Better - I value other people’s strengths and learn from them. I get along well with others, even people who are different than me. I work well in groups. I seek out other people’s ideas to solve problems because I know that by teaming with others we can create better solutions than anyone of us can alone. I am humble.
- Habit 7 — Sharpen The Saw - Balance Feels Best - I take care of my body by eating right, exercising and getting sleep. I spend time with family and friends. I learn in lots of ways and lots of places, not just at school. I find meaningful ways to help others.
- Habit 8 — Find Your Voice. Celebrate your Interests & Passions.