June 14, 2017
Wow! What a great year of learning, memories, growing and fun! Thank you for the important part you play in making our school the very best place it can be. Every team member has an important role and together we make up the Solana Pacific family!
Thank you to our teachers and staff for providing a structured and safe learning environment. Our students are learning in innovative ways and achieving amazing results thanks to all of your time, planning and dedication. Technology implementation, 21st century learning, STREAM lessons, and the 7 Habits are just a few of the areas we have helped our students to grow and learn this year.
Our parents and community members support our team with financial support through our Solana Beach School Foundation. Thank you all for supporting innovative programs as well as your time volunteering in classrooms and throughout our school. We had a blast at the Sandpiper Sprint, Amazing Quest, Field Day and more! We couldn’t do it without you!
Finally, a big thank you to our Solana Pacific students! Their hard work, excellent effort, and kindness make our school very special. Special kids fill this special school! Our Sandpiper leaders have demonstrated P.R.I.D.E. and the 7 Habits!
I am so proud of our 6th graders who are heading on to the next phase in their education at Middle School. We know that with their great ideas and enthusiasm for learning as well as their effort, they are prepared and will be successful! We wish you the very best!
I am excited to meet our new 4th grade families in the Fall. The 3rd grade students from Carmel Creek and Solana Highlands REALLY enjoyed their day here with us last Friday and we loved having them! We look forward to welcoming back our fabulous 4th and 5th grade students as 5th and 6th grade leaders. Enjoy summer together with family and friends! Rest, relax, rejuvenate and READ! See you on August 25th at 10:15 a.m. for Mini Open House.
IMPORTANT DATES TO CALENDAR FOR THE 17-18 SCHOOL YEAR…
In an effort to help you with your family’s planning for this summer and into the 2017-2018 school year. Please plan vacations and time away from school around these dates. Thank you!
• Mini-Open House - Friday, August 25, 2017
• First day of school - Tuesday, August 29th at 8:40 a.m.
• Back to School Night (parents only) – Thursday, Sept. 13th
• Labor Day- Monday, September 4th - No School
• 6th Grade Camp - October 23rd – 27th
• Veterans’ Day - Friday, November 10th - No School
• First Conference & Progress Reports - November 13th - 17th (minimum days - Dismissal 12:15 PM)
• Thanksgiving Break- November 20th – 24th
• Winter Break- December 23rd - January 7th (Returning on Monday, January 8th)
• February Break- February 19th – 23rd
• Spring Conferences & Progress Reports - March 12th - 16th (minimum days - Dismissal 12:15 PM)
• Spring Break- April 9th - 13th
• Open House with Art & Dine - Thursday, May 10th
• Last day of school- Friday, June 15, 2018