Before & After School Care
Important Information for the 2020-21 School Year:
- Register for the days of your cohort (A/B)
- As grades return to school campuses for four days a week, registration will include a two-day per week option and a four-day per week option
- Priority registration will be given to essential workers
- CDC will not offer after-school care on Wednesdays until students are back on campus
- CDC follows current California Department of Public Health and SDCOE guildelines and requirements
Our school-age program is based on the belief that children are decision-makers and should be allowed to make choices. The program encourages development of socialization skills, gross and fine motor skills, problem solving and cooperative skills in a stimulating and safe environment. Children may choose to participate in arts and crafts, organized games and sports, computers, science, and other enriching and developmentally appropriate activities. CDC also offers a daily homework time and a nutritious afternoon snack.
The school-age program staff consists of individuals who come from a variety of different backgrounds ranging from credentialed teachers, college students who are taking education classes, and people who just genuinely love children! All school-age teachers are fingerprinted and trained in first aid, CPR, and emergency disaster procedures.
CDC offers flexible scheduling options, giving families the opportunity to select a consistent schedule, pick varying days of care, and drop-in as needed. *Please note drop-in care is not available for the 2020-21 school year due to the current guidelines. Registration is completed online using the above link.
CDC offers before and after school childcare at all seven Solana Beach School District Schools:
- Carmel Creek
- Solana Highlands
- Solana Pacific
- Solana Ranch
- Solana Santa Fe-currently not available
- Solana Vista
Hours of Operation
The School-Age Childcare Program is open from school dismissal until 6:00 p.m. Our afternoon program accepts children at school dismissal. The CDC Office is open all day from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.