Before & After School Care
Registration for the 2020-21 School Year
Registration for the CDC After-School Program is now open! Register here
Important Information for the 2020-21 School Year:
- Register for the days of your cohort (A/B)
- As grades return to school campuses for four days a week, registration will include a two-day per week option and a four-day per week option
- Priority registration will be given to essential workers
- CDC will not offer after-school care on Wednesdays until students are back on campus
- CDC follows current California Department of Public Health and SDCOE guildelines and requirements
Our school-age program is based on the belief that children are decision-makers and should be allowed to make choices. The program encourages development of socialization skills, gross and fine motor skills, problem solving and cooperative skills in a stimulating and safe environment. Children may choose to participate in arts and crafts, organized games and sports, computers, science, and other enriching and developmentally appropriate activities. CDC also offers a daily homework time and a nutritious afternoon snack.
The school-age program staff consists of individuals who come from a variety of different backgrounds ranging from credentialed teachers, college students who are taking education classes, and people who just genuinely love children! All school-age teachers are fingerprinted and trained in first aid, CPR, and emergency disaster procedures.
CDC offers flexible scheduling options, giving families the opportunity to select a consistent schedule, pick varying days of care, and drop-in as needed. *Please note drop-in care is not available currently due to the current guidelines. Registration is completed online using the above link.
CDC offers before and after school childcare at all seven Solana Beach School District Schools:
- Carmel Creek
- Solana Highlands
- Solana Pacific
- Solana Ranch
- Solana Santa Fe-currently not available
- Solana Vista
Hours of Operation
The School-Age Childcare Program is open from school dismissal until 6:00 p.m. Our afternoon program accepts children at school dismissal. The CDC Office is open all day from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.