Message From the Principal
(Weekly newsletter items are now found on our homepage under announcements. Scroll down to download flyers.)
March 17, 2019
Dear Solana Highlands Families,
Please join us on Wed., 3/20 for our next PTA meeting and PTA elections. If you are interested in a role for next year please contact Cori Stevens or Amy Szekeres.
BBQ @ Solana Highlands
On Friday, 3/22 the Child Nutrition team will be serving Solana Highlands their 1st BBQ of the year. They will be serving Grilled Hamburgers, Hotdogs and Veggie Burgers with assorted toppings, Fresh Fruit, Green Salad and a Freshly Baked Chocolate Chip Cookie. This going to a scrumptiously great day!
The Importance of Sleep with Our Students
Sleep is no less important than food, drink, or safety in the lives of children. Although this may seem apparent, many of us actually do not allow our children to get the critical sleep they need to develop and function properly.
If this is something you struggle with check out the book Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Child by Dr. Marc Weissbluth. He states "Sleep is the power source that keeps your mind alert and calm. Every night, sleep recharges the brain's battery. Sleeping well increases brainpower just as weight lifting builds stronger muscles, because sleeping well increases your attention span and allows you to be physically relaxed and mentally alert at the same time. Then you are at your personal best."
Please consider supporting the last fundraiser for SBSF and helping us reach our final goal if you haven’t already. We have some exciting new teacher/staff experiences that are being auctioned off!
- Ceramics & Swirls, pool party or go to the movies, with a Kindergarten teacher!
- Mini golf or double treats with a 1st-grade teacher!
- Movies, ceramics, champagne bakery, or cook brownie desserts with a 2nd-grade teacher!
- Afternoon Treat Time with your 3rd-grade teachers!
- Principal for a Day, Ice Cream Sundae Party, lead the Morning Announcements, gourmet lunch, or storytime with Mrs. Jara
- Mini golf with Mrs. Acosta; A picnic and Hike w/ Mrs. R; Book club lunch with Mrs. Vilsack; Create your own horses with Mrs. Reitzler; Indoor skydiving with Mr. Andrew; DNN episode making with Mrs. Lefkowitz; Spend an afternoon with Mrs. Magalnick & Mr. Triplett 3D printing, robotics building and coding, and Tinker lab time; PE Coach for the Day with Coach Kono; or Front Row seats at our Kinder, 1st or 3rd grade performances with Mrs. Royster. Don’t miss out on these awesome experiences!
Principal Solana Highlands Elementary School