Week of September 29, 2019
Hello Skyline Families,
I hope you are all enjoying the change in weather and the first days of Fall. I wanted to take a moment to say thank you to our many volunteers that enter our campus each day to help our students in the classrooms. You are appreciated. I would like to give special thanks to Sue Martins, our PTA president, for her leadership this year and organization of our parent volunteers. Her organization and zest for getting more volunteers for Skyline is much appreciated!
Skyline held its first Skyline Site Council Meeting on Wednesday, September 25th. Our members for Site Council are: Cathy Barnes (president), Teri Harrah (Secretary), Erica Li, Michelle Sahagian, Marisol Sotelo, Kathy Myer, Mike Campbell, and Kim Pinkerton. I am always interested in your input, so please don’t hesitate to stop by or email if you’d like anything addressed during Site Council.
Congratulations to Brianna, Adelaide, and Charlize for being chosen for their winning STREAM Fest poster designs! You can see their poster designs around campus as we near the event.
Solana Beach Schools Foundation presents the 2nd annual SBSD STREAM Fest! Save the date: Saturday, November 2nd from 10 AM to 2 PM on the grounds of Solana Pacific Elementary. This year's theme is ReYOUse, promoting awareness around conservation and recycling efforts to help our planet. There will be engineering challenges, interactive stations, robotic exhibitions, food trucks...just to name a few! Check out the fliers and posters on campus and use the QR code to download the ReYOUse app for more information! STREAM Fest is a free event for all ages, so bring your family and friends! We hope to see you on November 2nd!
Halloween Carnival Update/News:
The 62nd Solana Vista/Skyline Halloween Carnival is October 20, 11-4, at Solana Vista!
Last year we had over 1,000 attendees at this fun event and raised $27,400 for STREAM at Solana Vista and Skyline!
This is an “all volunteer ran” school event. Here are the ways you can help:
- Newly designed T-Shirts go on sale October 7th! Sign up for a 50 min shift before or after school to sell T-shirts at Skyline. Click the link below or contact Jana Guy (email@example.com)
- T-Shirt & Raffle Tickets Volunteer Sign-Up
- Join the Boo Crew in the Solana Vista Kiva every Friday in October @ 9:00 a.m. and every day the week of October 14-18 from 8: 30 a.m. -12 :00 p.m. for Prep Parties.
- Sign up with classroom rep to run your class booth for two hours during the Carnival.
We are bringing back the pony rides & petting zoo!
- Sponsor an animal at the Halloween Carnival! We are bringing Pony Rides and a Petting Zoo to the Carnival and have a few animals left who still need to be sponsored.
- Pony Ride ponies are $250.00 and Petting Zoo animals are $100.00. We have 2 ponies to sponsor- Cheyenne Rose and Sasha. 6 Petting Zoo animals- 3 bunnies, 2 goats and a mini pony!
- Perhaps you and another family would like to partner up to sponsor an animal! Contact Melissa Herrington (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you are interested.
Did you know that the first Wednesday in October (Walktober!) is International Walk to School Day? This year the date is October 2nd. Students and parents will be walking (riding and rolling too) to school on that day enjoying all the benefits along the way. Every day can be Walk to School Day and we do hope you will be in the mix, especially on October 2nd and then again for another school community Walk & Roll Day ACTIVity on Tuesday, October 29th during Red Ribbon Week. It is a fun, healthy, connected, and smart way to get to/from school with benefits for the entire community. We hope that YOU will join us!
PTA Spirit Wear
Skyline spirit wear is available online! Please click on the link below to purchase spiritwear for yourself and your child(ren). Your purchase supports our PTA and helps bring funds to our school for our exciting programming.