TRAFFIC PROCEDURES - DROP-OFF AND PICK-UP
1. Student a.m. drop-off (arrival 8:15 - 8:30 a.m.)
There are two drop-off zones. They are located on the west and east sides of the school. NO PARKING is allowed in any of these zones. If you want to walk your child to class you need to park in the east parking lot or on the street. NO PARKING in the front parking lot. Once at school, students line up with their class until their teacher walks the whole class into the building. NO FRONT DOOR ENTRY!
2. Student p.m. pick-up (2:40 - 2:55 p.m.)
- Kindergarten students are excused from the kindergarten playground area. Parents park in the east parking lot or on the street and walk to the playground area for pick up. Please DO NOT park in temporary 15 minute front parking zone spaces.
- 1st & 2nd grade students are excused to the east pick-up zone (toward back playground). Please stay behind the CDC orange cones.
- 3rd grade students are excused to the west pick-up zone (toward Carmel Creek Rd.).
- If you have more than one child, use the zone of the youngest child.
- Only Special Education and after school programs use the front parking lot.
3. U-turns are not allowed around the school zone and will be ticketed by the local police.
4. Cross Walk: All students must use the crosswalk to cross the street. If a student is seen crossing the street outside of a crosswalk, they will be given a detention on their next day of attending school. Radys Children's Hospital suggests that all children under the age of 10 years hold an adults hand when crossing the street.
5. Drop off plan: Develop and discuss a daily drop-off and pick-up plan with your child(ren).
6. School supervision ends at 2:55 p.m. It is suggested that young children be supervised by their parent or guardian.
7. Safety and respect: To support our efforts to get approximately 330 students to and from school safely, it is necessary that each parent accept their responsibility. ALWAYS SHOW RESPECT FOR STAFF. WE'RE ALL DOING OUR BEST. Thank you for your cooperation and support to ensure the safety of our children.