Frequently Asked Questions about SBSD's Distance Learning Program
What is a distance learning model?
A distance learning model provides an on-line platform for students to continue learning outside of the four walls of the classroom.
What is an on-line learning platform?
An on-line learning platform is an integrated set of interactive online services that provides the teachers, learners, parents and others with information, tools and resources to support and enhance educational delivery and management.
How do I know what learning platform my child will be using?
Your child’s teacher will provide you with this information. There will be support provided on how to access the platform.
What will the modified instructional day look like between March 23 - April 3?
- Beginning March 23, students will engage in learning opportunities provided by their teachers. The structure will be a modified instructional day to support the transition into distance learning.
- March 23 - March 27: Reconnect, review, re-engage in learning
- March 30 - April 3: Continue to engage in learning
- April 6 -10: Spring Break
What if my child needs support or I have questions in accessing the materials? How will I communicate with my teacher?
- All classroom teachers will have designated daily, one-hour office time (Monday- Friday). Please check for email from your teacher.
- On Monday, March 23 only, there will be two opportunities for office hours support from 8:00-9:00 a.m. and 2:00-3:00 p.m.
- You may also email your teacher and expect to receive a response within 24-48 hours, Monday-Friday.
What If My Child Has Additional Services (e.g. IEP, 504, English Language Development ELD)?
If your child receives services (e.g., IEP, 504, ELD), you can expect to receive additional information from your child’s case manager or support provider.
What Other Materials Do I Need for My Child?
- A designated space to complete work/learning
- District-issued iPad
- Access to WIFI
What If We Don’t Have Access to WIFI?
How will my child submit completed work?
Your classroom teacher will provide you with more specific information on what should be submitted and how.
Is there Social-Emotional Learning (SEL) support for my child/family?
If you are in need of resources, have questions, or would like to have a conversation with one of our SEL staff (school psychologist, school counselor), please click on the following link, Social Emotional Parent Resources During School Closures (COVID-19).
This is a confidential form that is available for parents to complete, and our staff will respond back to you within 24-48 hours to address your needs.
What if I need to disenroll my child before school resumes?
Please email your classroom teacher and/or principal as soon as you become aware that you are moving and need to disenroll your student from our school district. We will communicate with you to collect your child’s device and district issued materials.