Wellness PolicyAt Solana Ranch, we want our students to learn how to be healthy: physically, mentally and emotionally. The Solana Beach School District Governing Board is committed to providing school environments that promote and protect children's health, well-being, and ability to learn by supporting health education, healthy eating and physical activity.
Sharing the Message of Wellness
The overarching goal of the Solana Beach School District Wellness Policy is to promote health and wellness, and to convey positive, consistent messages to all District students in accordance with current law. We want to support our students and enable them to achieve more by learning healthy behaviors that will benefit them for the rest of their lives.
Key Areas of our Wellness Policy
Balance is essential for any District Wellness Policy. The Solana Beach School District Wellness Policy focuses on three keys areas:
All students in grades K-6 will have opportunities, support, and encouragement to be physically active on a regular basis and receive 200 minutes of PE every two weeks.
- Physical activity and physical education
- Other school-based activities that are designed to promote student wellness.
- Students will not bring in treats of any kind for birthday celebrations.
- Healthy school lunches, with fruits and vegetables, will be prepared and served to students buying lunch.
- The school will provide students access to hand washing or hand sanitizing before they eat meals or snack.