Dear Carmel Creek Parents and Guardians,
Welcome to our fall season. A few exciting events are approaching this month.
- Red Ribbon Week is celebrated nationally from October 23rd through November 1, 2019. Students will engage in special assemblies and activities to promote healthy choices the week of October 28th.
- PTO Fall Carnival: This is an annual free event hosted by our Parent Teacher Organization (PTO). Children enjoy fall crafts, games, jump houses and movie night.
- Halloween Parade: On October 31st students may participate in a costume parade from 8:45 to approximately 9:00am. Please remember that costumes need to be safe for learning and playing. Children may wear masks during the parade, however must take masks or large head coverings off during instruction. Weapon accessories are not allowed. Please consider closed toed shoes for the school day or bring a change of shoes for after the parade.
- Chan’s Candy Collection: Students have donated overflow candy to Military Troops who are deployed. A local dentist, Dr. Chan has orchestrated this event for many years. Students may also make cards or notes to send with the candy donations. The candy drive is from November 1st through November 6th. Donations are collected in large orange bins housed in the office lobby.
- School Site Council: School Site Council is a wonderful time for staff and parents to come together and review school data, school goals, programs and visions. We welcome any parent interested in helping to grow our school. Please contact Mashell Ingrande at (858) 794-4453 if you are interested in participating. There is one open parent spot remaining. Meetings are held 2 to 3 times each year for approximately one hour.
- PTO (Parent Teacher Organization): The next PTO Meeting is October 17, 2019 at 8:45. All are welcome.
- PTO Restaurant Night: October 17th will be a PTO community building restaurant night hosted by the Soup Plantation. 20% of purchases will be donated back to Carmel Creek.
- PTO Dads, Donuts and Dunks: What a wonderful first Dad’s Club event with pizza and pokemon. Looking forward to the next Dad’s event on Sunday October 27th from 9 to 11am.
“Autumn doesn’t always promise that winter will come, but she works hard until every colored leaf has reached its destination.” ~Terri Guillemets
Have a Wonderful Week and Enjoy the Season,
Lisa Ryder, Principal