June 12, 2019
Dear Carmel Creek Families,
As I reflect on our 2018-2019 school year, I am reminded of our beautiful Carmel Creek community. The educational and personal journey of our students and families is precious. I am grateful for the contributions each family makes to our school. It is because of your efforts and partnership with our teachers and staff that we continue to grow as a school.
I wish for you and your family a very safe and restful summer. For those who are moving on from Carmel Creek, we will miss you. For those who will be returning in the fall, we are looking forward to a wonderful 2019-2020 school year.
All 3rd through 12th grade students participated in the California Assessment of Student Performance (CAASPP) this spring.
2019 ELPAC and CAASPP individual electronic student score reports are beginning to be available to families. Student reports can be accessed via Aeries.
- On Monday June 3rd, a letter was mailed home to the families of our English Learners notifying them that 2019 summative English Language Proficiency Assessment (ELPAC) score reports are available electronically, via the District Aeries Parent Portal.
- This week, a letter was mailed home to the families of our third through sixth grade students to let them know that CAASPP Scores are available electronically, via the District Aeries Parent Portal.
- The SBSD Web Page has directions on accessing electronic scores at: https://www.sbsd.k12.ca.us/Page/9126
- Students’ scores are being released on a rolling basis. Please be patient, if you do not see your child’s score right away and/or see one child’s score reports slightly before the other child’s electronic post.
Cougars in Motion/PTO
First-grade through third-grade students completed another successful Cougars in Motion Year. Thank you, Carolyn Ogburn and all the PTO volunteers who supported this annual effort. Collectively, our Cougars ran 4,149 miles:
- First-grade ran a total of 1,621 miles
- Second-grade ran a total of 1,179 miles
- Third-grade ran a total of 1,349 miles
Our End of Year PTO Celebration was so much fun. Thanks to our PTO, who made a supportive difference all year.
Have a wonderful summer!
Mrs. Ryder, Principal