Dear Solana Vista Families,
2019-2020 Enrollment: New Student registration has begun. Help us spread the word! Families may contact Nancy L’Esperance at 858-794-3700 or stop by the office to begin the process.
Lost and Found: If you are missing any of your children’s belongings, please check the lost and found (located in the Kiva). After Tuesday, March 26th, all items will be donated to a charity.
Digital Citizenship Coffee and Chat: Please join us to continue the conversation about Digital Citizenship and the effects of technology on children. We will meet tomorrow, March 18, at Skyline at 9:15 am.
Are you ready for the Walkathon??
- Friday,March 29th @ Solana Vista Field behind the Kindergarten playground.
- Welcome and line up: K/1 @ 12:00pm, 2/3 @ 1:00pm
- Walk-a-thon Start: K/1 @ 12:15pm, 2/3 @ 1:15pm
- Students walk/run for 20 minutes.
- Walk-a-thon activities end before 1:00pm for K/1 and 2:00pm for 2/3.
- Family and friends are welcome to stop by and walk with or cheer on our students!
Register your child at https://pledgestar.com/solanabeachvista
The 1st Annual Butterfly Ball is just around the corner!
Come dressed to impress for a beautiful evening filled with dancing and fun for a lifetime of memories! This special event is March 30, 2019 from 6:30-8:30pm at the Skyline Theatre.
There will be snacks, treats, Photo Both, contests, prizes and more!
- Tickets: $45 per person (Price will increase to $50 afterMarch 24)
If you are interested in sponsoring tickets for families who may not otherwise be able to attend, you can purchase *Sponsor* tickets on our website. Thank you for your generosity.
Visit www.solanasocials.onlinepartybook.com to purchase tickets. 100% of ticket sales benefit the Solana Beach Schools Foundation which funds our Discovery Lab/STREAM Programs including teacher salaries and supplies!
* If you are interested in receiving Sponsored tickets please email email@example.com
*All children must be accompanied by an adult to attend this dance.
News from our Health Office: Solana Vista is committed to providing a healthy environment to promote exceptional learning in our schools. For the protection of your child as well as their classmates, please keep your child at home until they are symptom free for 24 hours. For more details on our health guidelines, please see the flyer attached.
Mark your calendar:)
- 3/19: Digital Citizenship Coffee and Conversation @ 8:45 am (for parents)
- 3/26-3/30: Ability Awareness Week
- 3/28: Butterfly Ball (see details above)
- 3/29: SV Walkathon (see details above)
A little something to think about:
You’ve been to the Parent Teacher Conference, now what??
Thank you to everyone who took the time to attend your child’s parent teacher conference! Your support in your child’s education makes a huge difference. From committing to good attendance to reading every night, you make a difference for your child. Enjoy this article titled 20 Ways you can help your child succeed at school. You will find many simple strategies that are easy to implement! You can access the article at http://www.colorincolorado.org/article/twenty-ways-you-can-help-your-children-succeed-school.
Principal, Solana Vista School