Nov. 17, 2019
Dear Solana Vista Families,
Book Fair is Next Week! Mrs. Nelson's Book Fair will return to Solana Vista this week, November 18 - 22. You may shop before school (8:00-8:30 a.m.) or after school (12:05-3:00 p.m.) in the library. Please note the book fair will only be open before school on Friday, November 22nd, closing promptly at 8:30 a.m. to be packed up before the fall break. Not only is the Book Fair a great opportunity to do some holiday shopping, proceeds from this event support our school library. If you're interested in volunteering at the Book Fair, check your child's Seesaw account for sign up information from Mrs. Rainville. Thank you for your support!
- Farmers Insurance Open (January 23- 26, 2020) tickets now available! $35 ANY day tickets! (Normally sold for $65! A $30 savings!) Tickets can be purchased at https://www.solanabeachpta.org/?product=farmers-insurance-open-tickets.
- Spirit wear is available for purchase online! Purchase your SV spirit wear before sizes run out! Go to https://www.solanabeachpta.org/?post_type=product to order.
- Monday, 11/18/19- Pizza Nova Give Back Day! Enjoy lunch or dinner at Pizza Nova and 50% of sales will be donated to the Solana Beach PTA!
- Thursday, 11/21/19- Parent Education Opportunity. "Popular Culture and Effects on Youth" 1:00pm - 2:00pm and 6:00pm - 7:30pm at Solana Pacific School. 3901 Townsgate Dr, San Diego, CA 92130
SV Re-Design Update: Construction material testing will be performed by Western Environmental during the Thanksgiving break. The work will be performed in and around the existing building and includes testing of stucco and paint. The results will inform certain demolition activities to be performed during construction in June 2020 when the reconstruction of Solana Vista is scheduled to begin. Additional information regarding the Solana Vista Reconstruction Project can be found on the website at https://www.sbsd.k12.ca.us/Page/9273.
Lost and Found! Missing a sweatshirt, a water bottle or a lunch box?? Don’t forget to check out the Lost and Found. The SV Lost and Found (which is rather full) will be on the blacktop or in the Kiva during Parent Teacher Conference week. Items not claimed by November 22 will be donated to charity. Thank you!
Yearbooks Pre-Order Link is Ready! You may pre-order a yearbook for your child by going to: https://svyearbook.picaboo.com. This year’s theme is “Making a Difference…One Hello at a Time”.
SBSD Office Closures: District and school offices will be closed during Fall Break (Nov. 25-29, 2019) and Winter Break (Dec. 23, 2019 – Jan 3, 2020).
Mark Your Calendars:
Nov. 18: Pizza Nova Give Back Day (50% of proceeds donated to PTA)
Nov. 18-22: Parent Teacher Conference Week (Dismissal @12:05 daily)
Nov. 18-22: Fall Book Fair (Proceeds support SV Media Center)
Nov. 21- Popular Culture and the Effects of Youth Parent Education (Solana Pacific School) @ 1:00 and @6:00
Nov 25-29: Thanksgiving Break (No School)
A little something to think about:
Parent Teacher Conferences:
Next week is Parent Teacher Conference Week. I can’t emphasize enough the importance of this parent/teacher collaboration opportunity. Our teachers are excited to meet with you and share information with you about your child’s academic and social/emotional progress. Leaving the conference knowing the answer to these three questions is a great start in helping to support your child’s education:
- What are my child’s strengths? (We should never be too hurried to celebrate!)
- In what ways does my child need to improve/focus?
- How can I help at home?
Check out this Tip Sheet for Parents from the Harvard Family Research Project at http://www.berkeleyschools.net/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/Parent-Teacher-ConferenceTipSheet-Parents.pdf for more ideas.
Principal, Solana Vista School