Dear Carmel Creek Families,
Parent-Guardian/ Teacher Conferences
Conference week is approaching. Conferences will be held during the week of November 18th. There is a lot to cover in a short period of time. The following are a few tips for a successful parent/teacher conference:
- Arrive early.
- Write down questions prior to the meeting. Some question suggestions:
- Is my child working to their ability?
- How much time should my child be spending on homework?
- What is my child’s best subject and most difficult subject?
- How does my child interact with the other students?
- What skills is my child expected to master this year?
- Is there anything we can do to reinforce the skills that you are working on in the classroom?
- Feel free to bring a notepad and pen
Taking notes is just fine and often helps to recall key points discussed.
- Keep the focus on your child
Parent-Guardian conferences are time to focus on your child. You know your child better than anyone. Take advantage of this precious time with your child’s teacher(s). Questions about school policy can be addressed through information on the Carmel Creek website or by calling the office anytime. We are always happy to assist in the office.
Thank you for your partnership in education and for your support in building a strong community and strong school. Your time is valued.
Please arrange care for your child during conference week, as dismissal is 12pm each day during the week of November 18th - November 22nd.
Huge thanks to our PTO for planning a wonderful Red Ribbon Week.
Lisa Ryder, Principal