Dear Carmel Creek Families,
PTO Red Ribbon Week
Wow, what an amazing and wonderful Red Ribbon Week. Thank you to our local Girl Scout and Boy Scout groups who decorated our building with many spectacular red ribbons. The school looks phenomenal.
The children have enjoyed lunch time craft activities and will collectively contribute to a school wide bulletin board with the theme: I pledge to “Think” healthy. Visits by our local police and fire department occurred earlier in the week. Today, an extra special treat was the US Marshal helicopter landing. The children were able to watch the helicopter land, ask questions and take a class photo. Having an opportunity to spend up close and personal time with our first responders was surely memorable. Looking forward to our BMX assembly this Friday!
Thank you to Dads Club and all those who participated last weekend. Another successful Dad’s and Carmel Creek kids gathering supported by Mr. Szymanowski.
Thank you to our community for organizing a beautiful fall carnival. We appreciate the many local sponsors and volunteers who contribute to the PTO event. Thank you to our teachers and staff who were in attendance.
We are looking forward to the Halloween Parade tomorrow, Thursday October 31st at approximately 8:35am. The parade is for all grade levels.
- Parents are allowed to enter campus at drop off to assist with costumes and to watch the parade.
- The campus will be locked at the regular 8:30 bell and during the parade. Parents must enter and exit through the front of school after 8:30.
- Parents, please allow students to line up at the 8:30 bell, as they do each morning to allow teachers to take attendance.
- Parade Route: Cones will be in a large oval on the back playground near the lunch tables.
- At the 8:30 bell, parents will be asked to gather in the center of the coned off circle. This allows for a clear path for students to walk around the cones safely.
- Music will play from approximately 8:35 to 8:50.
- Teachers will guide students around the parade for a few laps.
- Parents are welcome to take pictures.
- Often classes will gather for a group photo, following the parade and before returning to the classrooms.
- CCN (Carmel Creek News) will begin following the parade at approximately 8:55.
- Parents who have children participating in CCN tomorrow, please feel free to walk with your child to the CCN broadcast room following the parade.
- Gentle reminders: No weapon accessories allowed and be mindful of adult scary makeup as we are a young school. Students may wear costume masks during the parade, however they will be asked to remove masks or other accessories that may pose as a distraction to the learning environment following the parade. Wearing costume shoes are acceptable during the parade. Please remember that following the parade your child will participate in PE or lunch recess and closed toe shoes are required. Your teacher will guide each class as to whether costumes are to be removed following the parade or if students may wear their costume all day.
Thank you for always partnering with staff to keep our students and school safe.