The PTO was created under the umbrella of the Solana Beach Schools Foundation.The PTO does not have membership fees. All faculty, staff and families who are associated with Solana Ranch are members.
YOU are the PTO!!The mission of this organization is to strengthen, enhance and encourage the educational and social environment at Solana Ranch Elementary.
To reach our goal of Enriching Education, the PTO plans, facilitates and funds these programs:
- Our goals are:
- Enrich Education
- Support Teachers
- Create Community
To Support our Teachers:
- Leadership Programs like Student Council and Safe School Ambassadors
- Educational Assemblies
- Red Ribbon Week
- Award winning Math, History and Science Olympiad Clubs
- Hawk News Network our student run TV station
The PTO organizes and funds several activities aimed at creating community for our families:
- The PTO gives each teacher a grant toward supplies for their classroom and students.
- Our Staff Appreciation committee finds ways throughout the school year to express gratitude to our amazing faculty and staff, culminating in Staff Appreciation Week
- Our Volunteer Coordinator provides structure and guidance for our Room Parents & PTO volunteers, while coordinating efforts to increase volunteerism here at Solana Ranch.
We strongly urge you to please consider volunteering. Without volunteers the PTO is not able to provide all these great opportunities. It’s a great way to get to know others and it’s a WIN-WIN for everyone…our children and our community. Our kids love seeing us involved with “their” school…and there’s so many ways to get involved!
- Spirit Wear, worn by teachers, students and parents with pride every Friday on Spirit Day!
- Our annual Ice Cream Social, kicks off our series of family fun events.
- The Famous Dads’ Club Pancake Breakfast are planned and executed by the Dads’ Club
- Movie Night
- Spaghetti Dinner held the night before our Ranch on the Run fun run for a little carbo loading before the next day’s big run.
- Family Heritage Night in brings our diverse community together for an evening of country booth displays, international foods and entertainment.
- Field Day, the kids' favorite, our school-wide celebration at the end of the school year.
- Finally the yearbook to preserve all these great memories.