Due to the increased population of students at Carmel Creek School, the Safety Committee has developed a revised procedure for student arrival and departure in cars. These instructions will NOT affect any child who walks to school.
Student a.m. drop-off (arrival 8:15 - 8:30 a.m.):
There are three drop-off zones. They are located on the west, south, and east sides of the school. NO PARKING is allowed in any of these zones. Students must line up with their class and must stay out of the building until their teacher walks the whole class into the building. NO FRONT DOOR ENTRY!
Student p.m. pick-up (departure 2:38-2:48 pm):
- Follow the instructions of the Safety Director or Staff Member. Remember, these methods are for the safety of your child and the benefit of everyone.
- Drop-off and Pick-up zones are for this purpose only. These areas will open at 8:15 am and 2:38 pm. If you need to enter the building or grounds for any reason, you MUST park your car. You CANNOT leave it for any reason in these zones.
- If for any reason your child is not present for pick-up, proceed to vacate the pick-up zone. No waiting will be allowed in these zones. You MUST vacate and re-enter the zone when your child is ready.
- Teachers will bring Kindergarteners to the kindergarten playground.
- Teachers will bring/excuse 1st and 4th grade students to the east pick-up zone.
- Teachers will excuse 2nd and 3rd grade students to the west pick-up zone.
- Students must use the crosswalks to cross streets. Jaywalking will result in a student detention.
- We recommend you discuss the dismissal/pickup plan with your child(ren).
- If you have more than one child to pick-up, we recommend you use the zone of the youngest student.
It will be necessary that each and every parent accept their responsibility for the safety of ALL our students. Thank you VERY much for your cooperation!